Updated: February 21, 2023
Please read the Privacy Statement carefully to understand how Starbucks collects, uses and discloses information about customers and how to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you.
Starbucks Rewards is one way in which Starbucks endeavours to reward and thank loyal customers for patronizing our business. Members of Starbucks Rewards are able to earn and accumulate “Stars" that can be redeemed for Starbucks Rewards benefits, also known as “Rewards," at participating Starbucks® stores in Indonesia.
ABOUT STARBUCKS REWARDS
We present Starbucks Rewards as a loyalty program for those of you who are loyal customers of Starbucks Indonesia. Starbucks Rewards is one way Starbucks strives to appreciate and thank customers who remain loyal by providing various benefits for customers in the form of "Rewards".
Starbucks Rewards allows you to collect “Stars” which can be turned into Rewards, where Rewards can be redeemed at all participating Starbucks stores with various special offers.
JOINING STRABUCKS REWARDS
There are two (2) ways to enrol in Starbucks Rewards and begin accumulating Stars:
- If you have a physical Starbucks Card, you can register via website. Follow the prompts to create an account and register at least one (1) physical Starbucks Card. Unless otherwise stated, the minimum balance required to activate a physical Starbucks Card is hundred thousand Indonesian Rupiah (100,000 IDR).
- Download the Starbucks ID mobile app to your Android™ or iPhone® device. Follow the prompts to create a Starbucks Rewards account and/or register a digital Starbucks Card. Start purchasing in Starbucks store and pay with any method of payment.
The registration process may require that you provide the following information: username, password, email address (required in order to receive all eligible Rewards), telephone number, Starbucks Card number, and card security code (CSC), birthday, name, and marketing preferences. All of your Starbucks Cards can be activated and registered for use in Starbucks Rewards, but you may only have one (1) account that is personal to you.
USING YOUR STARBUCKS REWARDS
The Starbucks Rewards program aims to make it easier for you to shop with us and to make your relationship with us more rewarding by providing a variety of special offers that are only applicable to Starbucks Rewards members.
In your Starbucks Rewards account as previously mentioned, you can activate and register more than one (1) type of your Starbucks Card, where – each card can be filled with a balance value in Indonesian Rupiah currency.
The balance value in Indonesian Rupiah currency within your Starbucks Card is registered as electronic money to make shopping transactions at all participating Starbucks Indonesia stores in accordance with the applicable regulations. All transactions within your Starbucks Rewards account and Starbucks Card are closed loop, registered to and monitored by Bank of Indonesia.
Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, the Indonesian Rupiah value on your Starbucks Card is non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. All Starbucks stores in Indonesia accept your Starbucks Card.
Starbucks Rewards members can earn and collect “Stars” which can be redeemed for various Starbucks Rewards benefits, also known as “Rewards,” at participating Starbucks® stores in Indonesia.
The benefits that are available to you through Starbucks Rewards are based on the number of “Stars" that you earn. You can earn Stars by making purchases using any Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks Rewards account to pay at participating Starbucks stores in the Indonesia.
You will earn Stars based on the value of your purchase at the rate of one (1) Stars for every Five Thousand Indonesian Rupiah (5,000 IDR) using your registered Starbucks Card / Starbucks account balance OR you can earn (1) Stars for every Ten Thousand Indonesian Rupiah (10,000 IDR) you spend at participating Starbucks stores
Stars accumulated under the program are promotional and have no cash value. Stars (<100) are valid for 12 months. Core Rewards are valid for 1 month.
Generally, Stars are automatically added to your account within twenty-four (24) hours. From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you special promotions that offer you “Promotional Stars." Promotional Stars, such as “Bonus" Stars, will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in the promotional offer.
If you void a purchase made with your registered Starbucks Card, Starbucks will deduct the Stars that you were awarded for that purchase, potentially resulting in a negative Star balance on your account. If you return merchandise or packaged coffee, food, and beverage that you purchased with your registered Starbucks Card (note: an original receipt or gift receipt is required), your funds will be returned to you on a Starbucks store credit card, but Starbucks will not deduct Stars from your account.
If you use multiple forms of payment in one transaction, as long as one of the forms of payments is Starbucks Card, you will get a number of earning Stars according to the pay-out split.
BENEFIT LEVELS IN STARBUCKS REWARDS
Currently, there are two (2) levels of benefits within Starbucks Rewards that are determined by the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account each year. By opening an account and registering a Starbucks Card, you will be automatically enrolled in Starbucks Rewards at the Green Level. If you earn at least three hundred (300) Stars within the twelve (12) month period following your enrolment date, you will qualify for the Gold Level.
Once you reach a specific level within Starbucks Rewards, you will receive the benefits that are applicable to that level at that time. However, you must continue to earn and accumulate Stars to maintain your benefit level.
To maintain the Gold Level, you must earn at least three hundred (300) new Stars during each consecutive 12-month period following the date you reached the Gold Level. If you do not earn 300 new Stars in 12 months, you will be placed at the Green Level of Starbucks Rewards.
Information reminder of downgrading status from Gold level to Green level will be informed via registered email of a Starbucks Rewards account. Member status level is visible at any time on the application. Downgrading is applied if an account that has reached Gold status cannot collect another 300 Stars within 1 year, starting from upon reaching the Gold status.
You can view and track your Star balance and available Rewards on our website or by using the Starbucks mobile app. Starbucks reserves the right to change the number of benefit levels and to change the benefits and Rewards associated with each level in its sole discretion at any time.
The following are Core Rewards that are available within the Starbucks Rewards program by account level:
- Once you register your Starbucks Rewards account, you will receive ten (10) Stars.
- You will be eligible for a Reward after you redeem a certain number of collected Stars on your Starbucks Rewards account. As a Green member you are eligible to redeem:
- 25 Stars for a Reward of Free Selected Add-On: Espresso Shot/ Syrup/ Sauce.
- 50 Stars for a Reward of Free Tall size Brewed Tea/ Brewed Coffee/ Butter Croissant.
- 100 Stars for a Reward of Free Tall size any Handcrafted Beverage/ any Food/ VIA Ready to Brew 3CT.
- Birthday Treats; you will receive twenty-five (25) Bonus Stars, a birthday cake Reward and get 2x Stars on your transaction. See Terms and conditions for more details.
- You will be eligible for a Core Reward after you redeem a certain number of collected Stars on your Starbucks Rewards account. You will get all Green members benefits with extra privileges:
- 100 Stars for a Free up to Grande size any Handcrafted Beverage/ any Food/ VIA Ready to Brew 3CT
- 200 Stars for a Free selected Core Whole Bean
- 400 Stars for a 25% off selected Core Merchandise
- Birthday Treats; you will receive Fifty (50) Bonus Stars, a birthday cake Reward and get 2x Stars on your transaction. See Terms and conditions for more details.
- Invitation to attend special events
- Wednesday Double Stars on every Wednesday each month, when the number of Stars you earn from every purchase at Starbucks Indonesia stores will be multiplied by 2 (two). At any time, Starbucks reserves the right to change programs or exclude certain products from the Wednesday Double Stars qualification.
- More offers throughout the year
STARBUCKS ACCOUNT ACTIVITY
Currently there are no membership fees associated with Starbucks Rewards, but at any time we may charge a service fee for the offline use of Starbucks Card in any Starbucks Indonesia stores or using the Starbucks Indonesia App through online. This service is not limited to top-up Starbucks Cards balance, the redemption of Rewards, and other related activities. Information about the charges of the service fee will be communicated via the website or other media channel at any time.
Your Stars, Rewards, registered Starbucks Cards, and your account under Starbucks Rewards are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You may have only one (1) Starbucks Rewards account that is personal to you.
Without notice to you, Starbucks also reserves the right to “unregister" and make ineligible for the Starbucks Rewards program any Starbucks Card or account that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years. Inactive is defined as no Stars earned. In the event that your Starbucks Card or account is unregistered or rendered inactive, then all accumulated Stars in your account are void.
Starbucks reserves the right to terminate, discontinue or cancel the Starbucks Rewards program at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.